Tips For Creating Your Own Recipes
Created Recipes are not official Vorwerk recipes. Please follow the general safety instructions and carefully monitor the cooking process to avoid accidents or injury.
Familiarize yourself with Thermomix® by cooking recipes from Cookidoo® before attempting to adapt or create your own recipes. As a great starting point, search Cookidoo® for a recipe that has a similar process as the recipe you want to cook. Use the Thermomix® recipe as a reference.
If the amounts of ingredients are significantly different, adjust cooking times. Make sure you don’t exceed the capacity of the mixing bowl (max. 2.2 liters).
Adapt the Thermomix® recipe process to the needs of your recipe. Sometimes two steps in a traditional recipe can be achieved in a single Thermomix® step!
Download Cooking Tables
Organizing Preparation Steps
• Dry to wet: start with tasks that require a clean and dry mixing bowl (e. g. grinding sugar, chopping herbs).
• Cold to hot: knead dough, whip cream, blend drinks or chop onions before cooking sauces or soups.
• All-in-one: often several ingredients can be added at the same time, to shorten a recipe.
Also, whenever possible, you can cook several dishes at the same time using the simmering basket and/or Varoma.
• Grind grains, nuts or sugar and grate cheese or bread in the first step. These tasks work best in a clean and dry mixing bowl and require little cleaning before the next step.
• Knead bread, pizza or pasta dough before doing other tasks. These doughs are usually easy to remove from the bowl, avoiding unnecessary cleaning.
• Mix sauces and batter for cake, cookies or pancakes in seconds at speed 2–5. Note that all ingredients can usually be mixed at the same time.
• Whisking egg whites requires a perfectly clean bowl, so start with this step whenever possible and remember to use the butterfly whisk at a maximum speed of 4.
• Chop vegetables before sautéing. Chopping vegetables together with oil can make it easier or sometimes even unnecessary to scrape down the mixing bowl between steps.
• Cook or stew at 195°F – 212°F to retain as many nutrients as possible. Cooking time depends on ingredients, so refer to a similar Thermomix® recipe for guidance. Use to stir or mix without chopping.
• Cook with milk or cream at 195°F to avoid overboiling. Stir sauces quickly on speed 2-4 to avoid lumps.
• Cook/steam in the simmering basket or Varoma ingredients such as vegetables, rice, shrimp and meatballs. Add liquid to the mixing bowl or cook them at the same time as you cook another dish in the mixing bowl.