Why peel potatoes if you don't have to? With the new Blade Cover & Peeler, your Thermomix® TM5 or TM6® will effortlessly peel potatoes and hard root vegetables for you.
Here are some simple how-to's:
• The new Blade Cover & Peeler is placed over the blade. To do this, hold it by the central plastic insert and make sure the shaft with the peeler is correctly positioned. Then place the vegetables into the mixing bowl (max. 28 oz). For best results, use vegetables of the same size.
• Add 21 oz water, regardless of the amount of vegetables used, and add 1 teaspoon of oil (optional) to prevent frothing.
• When using your Thermomix® TM6® secure the lid and measuring cup and start the "Peeler" Mode.
• With the Thermomix® TM5, place the simmering basket on the mixing bowl lid instead of the old model measuring cup (use the TM6® locking measuring cup if you have one) and peel your vegetables for 4 minutes / speed 4.
• Once the mode has finished, drain the peeled vegetables (retain the nutrient-rich water to water your pots or garden) and continue preparing your recipe.
There's no need to wash your vegetables before peeling, as they are washed at the same time as peeling. Just remove any eyes from your potatoes and cut larger vegetables into similar-sized pieces. Thermomix® Blade Cover & Peeler will do the rest.
When peeling carrots, use pieces of the same size and thickness.
The result will differ for vegetables with thick or thinner skins.
Some vegetable types cannot be peeled with the new peeler, e.g. frozen vegetables, vegetables with very thick skins or very thin skins, such as tomatoes.
The Blade Cover & Peeler Mode is perfect for potatoes, beets, carrots and turnips.
The new Blade Cover & Peeler is now available in our e-shop. Grab yourself this latest accessory and start peeling.