Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 oz unsalted butter, chilled (cut into ¼ in. pieces), plus extra to grease
- 2 oz vegetable shortening, chilled (cut into ½ in. pieces)
- 10 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ultrafine sugar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 6 - 8 tbsp iced water
- 27 oz banana (approx. 6 bananas) cut in ¼ in. slices, divided
- 1 oz orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 4 oz unsalted butter, cut into ½ in. pieces, divided
- 24 oz half and half
- 5 oz ultrafine sugar
- 6 egg yolks, from large eggs
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ½ oz banana, cut in ¼ in. slices (approx. 1 banana)
- ½ oz orange juice (approx. ½ orange), to coat bananas and prevent browning
- per 1 slice
- 3992 kJ / 954 kcal
- 11 g
- 89 g
- 67 g
- 4 g