Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Double Crusted Apple Pie (Bill Yosses)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 12 oz all-purpose flour, plus extra to dust
- ½ oz sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra to grease
- 4 oz ice cold water
- 5 oz sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 lemon, thin peel only, no white pith
- 36 oz dessert apples (e.g. Honeycrisp, Gala, Granny Smith, Empire or Mutsu), cored and cut into wedges (½ in.)
- 2 oz honey
- 1 oz cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ - 2 oz lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- per 1 portion
- 2536 kJ / 606 kcal
- 6 g
- 79 g
- 30 g
- Saturated fat
- 19 g
- 5 g
- 162 mg