Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Avial (vegetables in yoghurt)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g fresh coconut flesh (see Tips)
- 3 fresh long green chillies, trimmed and cut into halves
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- 300 g water
- 140 g natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp tamarind paste (see Tips)
- 1 - 1 ½ tsp salt
- 100 g potato, cut into batons (1 x 5 cm)
- 100 g sweet potato, cut into batons (1 x 5 cm)
- 200 g carrot, cut into batons (1 x 5 cm)
- 200 g fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- per 1 portion
- 1049.5 kJ / 249.8 kcal
- 7.2 g
- 16.3 g
- 17 g
- Saturated fat
- 12.6 g
- 9.7 g
- 898.2 mg
Dosa with spiced potato filling
Mint and peanut chutney
Fresh coconut chutney