Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g boiling water
- 100 g fresh coconut flesh, grated (see Tips)
- 2 tsp ginger paste (see Tips)
- 30 g tamarind paste (see Tips)
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 200 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 fresh long red chilli, trimmed, 1 cut into thin slices, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp ghee (see Tips)
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp garlic paste (see Tips)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Madras powder (see Tips)
- 750 - 800 g beef chuck steak, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp salt
- per 1 portions
- 1887.3 kJ / 449.3 kcal
- 47.6 g
- 12.8 g
- 22.6 g
- Saturated fat
- 9.8 g
- 5.8 g
- 1248.2 mg
Madras curry powder
Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
Chicken tikka masala
Sri Lankan red beef curry
Coconut lamb curry