Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 270 g urad dal (see Tips)
- cold water, for soaking
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 tsp ginger paste (see Tips)
- ½ tsp garlic paste (see Tips)
- 50 g brown onion
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 2 - 5 fresh long green chillies, trimmed and cut into halves
- 9 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves, stalks and roots (see Tips)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder (see Tips)
- 1000 g oil, for frying
- per 1 portions
- 252.5 kJ / 60.1 kcal
- 2.8 g
- 6.9 g
- 2.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 0.3 g
- 3.7 g
- 108.6 mg
Chai masala tea
Dosa with spiced potato filling
Besan ki burfi
Fresh coconut chutney