Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 450 g white sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 450 g blanched almonds (see Tips)
- 2 tsp glycerine (optional - see Tips)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp natural almond extract (see Tips)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- pure icing sugar, for dusting
- per 1 portion
- 971.9 kJ / 231.4 kcal
- 5.1 g
- 25.2 g
- 12.6 g
- 2 g
Pears in red wine
Mango, ginger and chilli chutney
Brioche fruit tarts
Sweet shortcrust pastry
Gluten free fruit mince pies
Porcini pepperleaf paté (Andrew Fielke)