Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 pieces veal shank, bone in (approx. 6-7 oz ea., 4 in. x 6 in.)
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour, to dust
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, to fry
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oz yellow onion, cut in pieces
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 7 oz leeks, white part only, in slices (1 in.)
- 1 pinch ground sweet paprika
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 7 oz red wine
- water to fully submerge bags (not higher than max. fill mark)
oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed (approx. ½ lemon) (see Tip)
or 1 tsp ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder)
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 2147.5 kJ / 513.3 kcal
- 40.3 g
- 12.5 g
- 28.8 g
- Saturated fat
- 7.3 g
- 1.5 g
- 0.3 mg