Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Dosa with spiced potato filling
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g long grain rice
- 100 g split black lentils (urad dal - see Tips)
- 600 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 30 g cooked rice (see Tips)
- 1 tsp salt
Spiced potato filling
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves only
- 500 g water
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 fresh long green chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 60 g ghee, plus extra for frying
- 1 red onion (approx. 120 g), cut into thin slices
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- per 1 portion
- 1253.7 kJ / 298.5 kcal
- 6.7 g
- 33 g
- 14.4 g
- Saturated fat
- 8.7 g
- 4.5 g
- 573.7 mg
Chhole (chickpea curry)
Baingan ka bharta
Rajma (kidney bean curry)
Fresh coconut chutney