Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh green chillies, halved, deseeded if desired
- 25 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 15 g vegetable oil
- 100 g onions, quartered
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes (1 x 400 g tin)
g cooked chickpeas (drained weight)
or 250 g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight, then boiled for 45 minutes until tender
- 300 g water
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 g fresh coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 1182 kJ / 283 kcal
- 13.8 g
- 34.3 g
- 10 g
Chickpea and Tomato Rogan Josh
Lentil Curry (Dahl)
Nadan Mutta (Egg Curry)
Chick Pea Curry
Aloo Gobi (Bombay Potatoes with Cauliflower)