Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g mung dal
- 700 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 40 g ghee
- 70 g onions, quartered
- 15 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 1 - 2 fresh green chillies, halved, deseeded, to taste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- 5 g fresh coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 884 kJ / 211 kcal
- 11 g
- 22.7 g
- 8.5 g
Lentil Curry (Dahl)
Cauliflower Stuffed Parathas
Nadan Mutta (Egg Curry)
Aloo Gobi (Bombay Potatoes with Cauliflower)