Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Hot and sour prawn soup
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 40 g dried shiitake mushrooms
- boiling water, for soaking
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, tough outer layer removed, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 2 bunches fresh coriander (bunches cut into thirds), plus extra leaves for garnishing
- 3 - 6 fresh bird's eye chillies, trimmed, deseeded if preferred and cut into halves (see Tips)
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 fresh tomato (approx. 150 g), cut into quarters
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece fresh galangal, peeled
- 70 g eschalots, cut into halves
- 1 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 700 g water
- 2 tsp tom yum sauce
- 40 g fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200 g medium raw prawns, peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 spring onion/shallot, trimmed, cut into halves and shredded lengthways, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 408 kJ / 97 kcal
- 13.7 g
- 6.3 g
- 1 g
- 4.4 g
Ayam kapitan (chicken curry)
Tom kha gai (Thai chicken coconut soup)
Rendang ayam nogori (chilli padi chicken rendang)
Tom yum goong (hot and sour soup)
Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
Sambal kacang (peanut sauce)
Thai-style prawn broth with spicy apples
Steamed sea bass wrapped in banana leaves with green mango salad
Pad Thai noodles with prawns