Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 oz unsalted butter, plus extra to fry
- 11 oz whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz sugar
- 6 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 slices white bread, sliced 1½ in. thick, crusts removed
- 2 bananas, large, sliced (⅛ in.)
- confectioners sugar, to serve
- strawberry compote, to serve (see Tip)
- per 1 portion
- 2230 kJ / 533 kcal
- 84 g
- 16 g
- 16 g
- 8 g