Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- salted butter, for greasing
- plain flour, for dusting
- 250 g plain flour
- ¾ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 30 g salted butter, diced and frozen
- 30 g vegetable shortening, diced and frozen
- 215 g buttermilk, chilled
- 1 tsp bacon fat (optional)
g sausagemeat, crumbled in pieces
or 450 g sausage, uncooked, casings removed and crumbled in pieces
- 60 g salted butter, diced
- 60 g plain flour
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 500 g whole milk
- per 1 portion
- 1799 kJ / 430 kcal
- 14 g
- 31 g
- 28 g
- 1 g
Homemade Baking Mix with Shortening
Bacon Cheese Fries with Ranch Sauce
Biscuits and Gravy
Southwest Creamed Corn
Sour Cherry and Coconut Cookies
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza