Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 184 oz water, divided
- 15 - 20 banana leaves, trimmed (6 in. x 10 in.)
- 5 oz carrot, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 3 oz celery, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 4 ½ oz onion, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 17 oz whole chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into pieces (approx. 1 in.)
- 8 ⅕ oz authentic Mexican mole sauce, jarred
- 4 ½ oz vegetable shortening
- 17 ½ oz masa harina
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp salt, to taste
- per 1 piece
- 1109 kJ / 265 kcal
- 11 g
- 28 g
- 13 g
- 3 g