Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Orange Buttermilk Chess Pie
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 homemade pie crust, chilled (9 in.)
- 2 oranges, thin peel only, no pith, divided, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 7 oz sugar
- 2 oz yellow cornmeal
- 1 vanilla bean, cut into pieces
- 1 oz unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces (½ in.)
- 3 oz buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- confectioners sugar, to garnish
- per 1 slice
- 1335 kJ / 319 kcal
- 5 g
- 47 g
- 13 g
- 1 g
Sugar and Spice Nuts
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Chocolate Orange Mousse
Vanilla Sauce (Crème Anglaise)
Lemon Pound Cake