Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Tsoureki (Greek Easter bread)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 pieces mastiha (optional)
- 1 tsp mahlepi (see Tips)
- 100 g sugar, plus 1 tsp extra
- 100 g full cream milk
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast (see Tips)
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg beaten, for glazing
- 450 g baker's flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 g unsalted butter, softened
- flaked almonds, for decorating (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1023.4 kJ / 243.7 kcal
- 6.8 g
- 38 g
- 6.9 g
- Saturated fat
- 3.5 g
- 1.8 g
- 41.9 mg
Greek Bougatsa with Honey and Pistachios
Greek Walnut Cake "Karidopita"
Keftethes (Greek meatballs)
Kourabiedes (Greek moon biscuits)
Greek Easter biscuits (Koulourakia)
Mixed berry clafoutis
Za'atar bread rolls
Rizogalo (Greek rice pudding)