Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 20 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 260 g water
- 1000 g lamb meat shoulder or leg, boneless, diced (2-3 cm)
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- ¼ cinnamon stick
- 20 g vegetable oil, plus 2 Tbsp for frying
- 200 g onions, quartered
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp paprika
- ¼ - 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 100 g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp garam masala, for garnishing
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, for garnishing
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, chopped, for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 2010 kJ / 480 kcal
- 31.9 g
- 7.9 g
- 35.7 g
Chicken Tikka Masala
Beef With Lemon Grass (Kuruma Iraichchi) And Coconut Roti
Lamb Keema with Peas
Lamb Curry with Peppers - Bhoona Gosht