Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Cape Malay Chicken Curry
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 60 g onions, halved
- 30 g sunflower oil
- 3 cloves
- 1 long red chilli, halved, deseeded and sliced
- ½ - ¾ tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ - 2 tsp ground cardamom, to taste
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ - 1 tsp ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 tsp fine sea salt, to taste
tsp chicken stock paste
or 1 chicken stock cube (for 0.5 l)
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney
- 250 g water
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500 g floury potatoes, peeled, cut in bite-size pieces
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, skinless, cut in bite-size pieces
- per 1 portion
- 1496 kJ / 358 kcal
- 40 g
- 26 g
- 9 g
- 3.7 g
Sri Lankan Red Beef Curry
Sri Lankan Chicken Curry (Koththu Roti)
Lamb Rogan Josh
Chicken and Mushroom Balti
Beef With Lemon Grass (Kuruma Iraichchi) And Coconut Roti
Lamb Keema with Peas
Lamb Curry with Peppers - Bhoona Gosht