Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 red onion (approx. 150 g), cut into thin slices
- 20 g olive oil
- 20 g dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 300 g raw beetroots, peeled and cut into quarters (see Tips)
- 1 green apple, peeled cored and cut into quarters (see Tips)
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 20 g currants
- 40 g apple cider vinegar (see Tips)
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- per 1 portion
- 151.5 kJ / 36.1 kcal
- 0.6 g
- 5 g
- 1.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 0.2 g
- 1.2 g
- 46.8 mg
Cranberry and rosemary chutney
Beetroot, Parmesan and cashew dip
Red onion relish
Lemon or lime butter
Sweet chilli sauce
Stewed apples with walnut crumble topping
Caramelised red onion chutney