Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 150 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 800 g ripe tomatoes, room temperature and cut into halves
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 50 g salted butter, cut into pieces
- 50 g balsamic vinegar
- 100 g bourbon (see Tips)
- 60 g pitted dates
- 80 g dark brown sugar
- 40 g Worcestershire sauce (see Tips)
- 6 - 8 drops Tabasco® sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp ground paprika (see Tips)
- 1 ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground roasted wattleseed (optional - see Tips)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- per 1 Complete recipe
- 5073.5 kJ / 1207.9 kcal
- 20.1 g
- 171.7 g
- 44.6 g
- Saturated fat
- 27.2 g
- 29.3 g
- 3213.9 mg