Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Calamari ripieni with lemon butter and crispy capers
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 9 calamari tubes, cleaned, 1 cut into pieces (3 cm - see Tips)
- 150 g brown onion, cut into halves
- 100 g fennel, white part only, cut into pieces, fronds reserved for garnishing
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh long red chilli, trimmed, cut into halves and deseeded if preferred (optional)
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for shallow frying and brushing
- 80 g arborio rice
- 2 pinches saffron (optional - see Tips)
- 150 g white wine
- 150 g water
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp pickled capers, rinsed and drained
- 100 g salted butter, cut into pieces
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- per 1 portion
- 1252.7 kJ / 298.3 kcal
- 24.3 g
- 10 g
- 17.7 g
- Saturated fat
- 8 g
- 1.8 g
- 796.1 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Salmon en croute
Scallops with pea purée
Steamed white fish with tomato and Indian spices
Tom kha prawns