This recipe is specially made for the Thermomix® TM5 and Thermomix® TM6. Please do not use it for earlier Thermomix® models, since they have different maximum capacities.
Mantou Buns with Whole Butternut Squash Soup (TM5 Metric)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 40 g brown sugar
- 240 g water
- 500 g all-purpose flour, plus extra to dust
- 10 g vegetable oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 tsp salt
Butternut Squash Soup
- 30 g unsalted butter, cubed (2.5 cm)
- 30 g yellow onion
- 400 g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, cubed (5 cm)
- 100 g russet potatoes, peeled, cubed (2.5 cm)
- 60 g raw cashews
- 700 g water (see Tip)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- mixed fresh herbs, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1014 kJ / 242 kcal
- 6 g
- 43 g
- 5 g