Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Crispy Eggplant with Tomato Basil Sauce (Hestan Cue™)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried red chili flakes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, Diamond Crystal®
- 1 eggplant (14-16 oz)
- kosher salt, Diamond Crystal®, as needed to sprinkle
- 8 ½ oz oil, e.g. grapeseed, vegetable or canola, as needed, to fry
- 2 oz all-purpose flour
- 4 oz panko
- ½ oz garlic powder
- ½ oz onion powder
- ½ oz paprika
- 3 large eggs
- 20 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- per 1 portion
- 1368 kJ / 327 kcal
- 11 g
- 42 g
- 15 g
- Saturated fat
- 3 g
- 12 g
- 1220 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Maple and Brown Butter Roasted Butternut Soup
Indian Vegetable Curry