Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Braised Lamb Shanks
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil, plus an extra 1 tablespoon
- 200 g brown onion, cut into wedges (3-4 cm)
- 100 g celery, cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 100 g carrot, cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 100 g water
- 200 g red wine
- 60 g balsamic vinegar
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 50 g tomato paste
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 1550 g lamb shanks (approx. 4)
- sea salt, to season
- ground black pepper, to season
- per 1 portion
- 5255 kJ / 1259 kcal
- 79 g
- 64 g
- 71 g
Lala's creamy lemon butter chicken
Beef and mushroom stroganoff (TM6)
Jo Whitton's Wholesome meatball soup
Mark Southon's Lamb ragù with watercress and mint pesto (TM6)
Korean beef bulgogi (TM6)
Coq au vin blanc with mashed potato
Cheese and bacon scones
Beef stew with gnocchi
Warm Aussie potato salad (peeler)
Mashed potatoes for two (peeler)
Sweet and Spicy Beef Short Ribs with Polenta
Slow-cooked Lamb Curry with Cucumber Mint Couscous