Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Acar (Nyonya Pickled Vegetables)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1000 g mixed vegetables, (e.g.. carrots, long beans, cucumbers, cabbage, pineapple, turnips), cut in strips
- 40 g fresh red chillies, deseeded, cut in thin slices
- 40 g fresh green chillies, deseeded, cut in thin slices
- 3 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 5 - 8 dried chillies, deseeded, soaked to soften
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, white part only
- 4 candlenuts (buah keras)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60 g shallots
- 10 g fresh turmeric
- ½ tsp shrimp paste (belacan) (optional)
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 50 g sugar
- 60 g white vinegar
- 100 g unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely ground, to garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1652.7 kJ / 395 kcal
- 11.8 g
- 38.6 g
- 23.9 g
- 10.3 g
Luo bo gao (radish cakes)
Inti kelapa (sweet coconut filling)
Dried Shrimp Sambal
Inti Kelapa (Sweet Coconut Filling)
Homemade Pandan Kaya
Homemade Soy Milk
Chwee Kuih (steamed rice cake)
Homemade Fish Ball Soup
Pulut Tai Tai (Steamed Blue Glutinous Rice)
Dou sha (red bean paste)