Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 270 g dried broad beans, soaked overnight
- 90 g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 8 garlic cloves
- 300 g onions, cut into quarters
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- sunflower oil for frying
- per 1 piece
- 489 kJ / 117 kcal
- 2.8 g
- 6.3 g
- 9 g
Tahini dip (tarator)
Aubergine dip (moutabal/baba ganoush)
Red lentil soup with cumin
Fatayer (spinach turnovers)
Stuffed semolina cookies (ma'amoul)
Stuffed pancakes (katayef with kashta cream)
Sweet cheese pastry (knafeh)