Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Jerk chicken with pineapple slaw
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Jerk spice-rubbed chicken
- 6 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 - 2 habanero chillies, trimmed (see Tips)
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 40 g soy sauce
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 chicken Marylands, flesh scored
- ½ white cabbage (approx. 400 g), cut into pieces (5 cm)
- ½ fresh pineapple (approx. 250 g), peeled, cored and cut into pieces (4 cm)
- 3 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 20 g grapeseed oil (see Tips)
- 20 g lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 3967.8 kJ / 944.7 kcal
- 57.3 g
- 32.8 g
- 64.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 17.1 g
- 8.5 g
- 1709.5 mg