Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, cubed (see Tip)
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ½ oz yellow onion, in wedges
- 5 ½ oz carrots, cut on the bias (¼ in.)
- 1 oz soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 heaping tsp homemade vegetable stock paste
- 8 oz white short-grain rice (18-20 min cooking time)
- 35 oz water
- 8 oz mixed vegetables, e.g. broccoli in small florets, frozen peas, cauliflower in small florets, green beans cut into pieces (1 in.), zucchini, in half moons (½ in.)
- sesame oil, to garnish (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1197 kJ / 286 kcal
- 13 g
- 39 g
- 9 g
- Saturated fat
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 512 mg