Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 green onions, cut into pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 - 15 dried red chilies, stems removed
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp dried chili flakes, to taste
- 3 oz fermented black bean paste
- 2 oz chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 20 oz water
- 24 oz chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cubed (1 in.)
- 1 oz peanut oil
- 6 oz bell peppers, diced (½ in.)
- 6 oz zucchini, sliced (¼ in.)
- 3 oz carrots, sliced (¼ in.)
- 2 oz raw unsalted peanuts, plus extra to garnish
- green onions, sliced on the bias, to garnish
- cooked rice, to serve (see Tip)
- per 1 portion
- 1372 kJ / 328 kcal
- 33 g
- 16 g
- 15 g
- 3 g