Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Murgh makhani (Butter chicken - TM6)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 800 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, each thigh cut into 8 pieces
- 30 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 120 g tandoori paste (see Tips)
- extra virgin olive oil, to grease
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cm cinnamon quill
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 45 g ghee (see Tips)
- 180 g brown onion (approx. 1-2 onions), cut in half
- 20 g fresh ginger, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 fresh long green chillies, trimmed and cut in half (optional)
- 400 g canned whole tomatoes
- 70 g water
- 70 g cashews, plus extra to garnish
- 10 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves, stalks and roots, cut into thirds, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 40 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp garam masala (see Tips)
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- per 1 portion
- 2177.5 kJ / 518.5 kcal
- 30.9 g
- 15.3 g
- 36.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 16.2 g
- 8.2 g
- 1095.3 mg