Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sous-Vide Cantonese-Style Beef with Tomatoes and Onions
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 flank steaks (approx. 14 oz ea.)
- 1 oz fresh ginger, in slices (½ in.)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ oz soy sauce, dark
- 2 oz soy sauce, light
- 1 oz toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 - 3 pinches ground cloves (optional)
- 2 star anise
- water, to fully submerge bags (not higher than the max. fill mark)
oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed (approx. ½ lemon) (see Tip)
or 1 tsp ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder)
- cold water, to fill bowl, to cool
- 2 oz water, plus 1½ tbsp extra to mix with corn starch
- 2 tbsp rice wine (see Tip)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp oil, divided
- 4 oz yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 5 ½ oz tomatoes, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 5 ½ oz mixed bell peppers, red and yellow, cut into strips
- 1 spring onion, in slices (approx. ½ in.) to garnish
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- cooked rice, to serve (see Tip)
- per 1 portion
- 2437.2 kJ / 582.5 kcal
- 46.5 g
- 14.5 g
- 36.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 9 g
- 2.8 g
- 1237.8 mg