Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
French Onion Soup (TM5)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 500 g onions, halved or cut in wedges to fit in feeder
- 80 g Gruyère cheese, cut in pieces (2 cm)
- 30 g olive oil
- 20 g unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, plus 5 g or to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 65 g plain flour
- 50 g white wine vinegar
- 800 g water
beef stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
or 1 chicken stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 12 slices baguette, slightly stale, or other crusty bread
- per 1 portion
- 979 kJ / 234 kcal
- 8 g
- 23 g
- 13 g
- Saturated fat
- 5 g
- 2.1 g
- 819 mg
Chicken and Ham Vols Au Vents
Spring Chicken Casserole
Baked Quince Crumble with Meadowsweet Ice Cream
Leek Leaf Chicken Rolls
Couscous with Apricots, Hazelnuts, Feta and Mixed Vegetables; Stracciatella Cream
Spicy Chicken Curry with Rum and Basmati Rice
Beef and Ale Stew
Red Onion Gravy
Parsnip Soup with Caramelised Onions