Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sambhar (Vegetable Dhall)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 30 g garlic cloves
- 50 g shallots
- 5 dried chillies, soaked and deseeded, cut in 4 cm length
- 50 g cooking oil
- 1 heaped tsp sambhar powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- ½ heaped tsp mustard seeds
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 5 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- ¼ heaped tsp asafoetida powder
- 180 g toor dal, soaked for 6 hours, drained
- 330 g tomatoes (approx 3 tomatoes), cut in wedges
- 350 g water
- 50 g carrots, cut in thin slices
- 150 g potatoes, cut in cubes (1 cm)
- 130 g brinjals, cut in thick strips
- 120 g cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- per 1 portion
- 1068 kJ / 255 kcal
- 9 g
- 35 g
- 9 g
- 3 g
Thosai (Rice and Lentil Pancakes)
Nasi Kampung (Kampung Style Fried Rice)
Chai Masala (Masala Tea)
Dosa with spiced potato filling
Fresh coconut chutney