This recipe is specially made for the Thermomix® TM5 and Thermomix® TM6. Please do not use it for earlier Thermomix® models, since they have different maximum capacities.
Jalapeño XO Sauce with Scallops and Black Rice (Thomas Lim)
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Jalapeño XO Sauce
- 3 oz dried scallops
- 3 oz dried shrimp
- 11 oz shaoxing rice wine
- 6 oz garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 oz jalapeño chilies, de-stemmed, sliced (2 in.)
- 6 oz Fresno chilies, de-stemmed, sliced (2 in.)
- 18 oz canola oil
- 3 oz soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch sugar
Black Rice and Scallops
- 4 oz black rice
- 32 oz water
- ⅔ oz fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, in pieces (2 in.)
- 9 baby bok choy, cut in half
- 2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, in pieces
- 12 fresh sea scallops, large (U10)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- green onions, sliced on the bias, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 2000 kJ / 478 kcal
- 21 g
- 32 g
- 30 g
- 3 g