Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Steamed Pumpkin with Curried Lentils
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 heaped tsp cumin seeds
- 4 heaped tsp coriander seeds
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 30 g fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g fresh coconut, cut in pieces (2-3 cm) (optional)
- 80 g butter, cut in pieces
- 300 g onions, cut in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ - ¾ tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1000 - 1200 g pumpkin, deseeded, cut in 8 pieces with skin on
- 300 g dried green lentils, or brown or Puy
- 1000 g water
- 250 - 300 g roasted red peppers, preserved, roughly diced (1-2 cm)
- 130 g crème fraîche (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1504 kJ / 358 kcal
- 13 g
- 33 g
- 17 g
- 10.3 g