Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 8 oz red onions, quartered (approx. 1 lg. onion)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 oz celery, sliced (3 in.), (approx. 1 lg. stalk)
- 3 oz carrots, sliced (3 in.), (approx. 1 lg. carrot)
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 8 oz smoked bacon, sliced (approx. 1 in. x ¼ in.)
- 5 oz smoked ham, sliced (approx. 1 in. x ¼ in.)
- 10 oz dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 29 oz water, divided
- 3 oz hot mustard
- 2 oz ketchup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 - 2 oz Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- per 1 portion
- 1873 kJ / 43 kcal
- 17 g
- 46 g
- 22 g
- 23 mg
- 13 g