Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 ancho chilies, de-stemmed, de-seeded
- 2 - 3 dried 'chile de árbol' chilies, to taste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz yellow onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 - 2 chipotle chilies, in adobo sauce, canned, to taste
- 5 oz smoked bacon, in pieces (¼ in.)
- 8 oz tomatoes, in pieces
- 32 oz beef sirloin, cubed (¾ in.)
- 8 oz water
- 3 tbsp masa harina
- cilantro, chopped, to serve
- green onions, chopped to serve
- jalapeño peppers, sliced, to serve
- tortillas, grilled, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 1494 kJ / 357 kcal
- 44 g
- 14 g
- 13 g
- 4 g