Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 oz ancho chilies, stems and seeds removed, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 1 oz dried guajillo chilies, stems and seeds removed, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 allspice berries
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tsp salt, to taste, divided
- 5 ½ oz white onions, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 33 oz water
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 5 ½ oz Mexican chocolate, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin on, bone in
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1858 kJ / 444 kcal
- 25 g
- 24 g
- 32 g
- 95 mg
- 10 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Chicken with Spiced Tangerine Sauce
Peking-Style Duck Pancakes
Beefy Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Sauce
Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf with Broccolini and Eggplant