Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chicken and Barley Stew
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 2000 g boiling water
- 15 g olive oil
- 150 g celery stalks, cut in pieces
- 120 g leeks, sliced (1 cm)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 100 g pearl barley, soaked overnight, then rinsed and drained
- 140 g carrots, sliced (5 mm)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (for 0.5 l each), crumbled
- 100 g fresh baby spinach
- 75 g frozen peas
- fine sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- per 1 portion
- 1301 kJ / 309 kcal
- 35 g
- 26 g
- 7 g
Sautéed Pork with Cider
Beef in Stout
Chickpea, Squash and Kale Stew
Pasta with chicken, mushrooms and green beans
Chicken in Red Pepper Sauce with Courgette and Feta Couscous
Pork with Spinach Lentils
Brodet (Fish stew)
Steamed Chicken Frittata with Vegetable Rice
Chicken and Chickpea Tagine
Pork and Mushroom Broth