Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Barley Risotto with Beef Short Ribs
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Beef Short Ribs
- 4 beef short ribs (approx. 37 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, plus extra to garnish
- 2 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 8 oz pearl onions, thawed if frozen
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz pearl barley, washed and drained
- 3 oz dry white wine
- 18 oz beef stock
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- per 1 portion
- 3782 kJ / 904 kcal
- 65 g
- 54 g
- 49 g
- Saturated fat
- 15 g
- 10 g
- 2302 mg
Basic Parboiled White Rice
Baked Fish with Shrimp, Vegetables and Basmati Rice (Ben)
Garlic Shrimp and Grits
Grisons Barley Soup
Hurricane Po'Boy with Saffron Aioli
Fillet with Rice, Almonds and Cranberries
Fish and Zucchini