Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 8 oz yellow onions, quartered
- 3 oz carrots, in pieces (2 in.)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz dried beans, small, e.g. lima, pinto, chickpeas, red beans or mixed, soaked in water overnight
- 2 oz pearl barley, rinsed
- 20 oz beef meat (stew cut)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 12 oz baby red potatoes, halved
- 6 large eggs, rinsed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1812 kJ / 433 kcal
- 42 g
- 34 g
- 15 g
- Saturated fat
- 4 g
- 6 g
- 1027 mg