For a foolproof and delicious start to the school year
Cook and freeze dishes in advance to have them ready to go during the week. Purchase basic ingredients that can be utilized in various recipes. Meal prep several meals at once, then freeze. You can do this on the weekend or even during the week. While prepping one meal, another meal can be cooking in your Thermomix®.
Before you start cooking make sure you have the following:
• Enough room in your freezer for meal planning
• Freezer safe containers and bags
• Labels to keep track of dishes and freezing dates
Tips for freezing vegetables and snacks:
• Peel, prepare, and freeze fruits and vegetables in portions so they are ready for your Thermomix® throughout the week.
• Freeze different vegetable blends to make tasty soup combinations. Try out: pumpkin + turnips + spinach, zucchini + cauliflower, or carrots + green beans.
• Prepare and freeze muffins, waffles or granola bars to put in school lunchboxes. The night before, simply defrost.
One way to get inspiration to create menus is to define key ingredients. If you're out of ideas, here are some ingredients that allow you to create a large range of different dishes: ground beef, chicken, vegetables and fish.
Over the weekend, prepare a weekly menu with the help of the Cookidoo® weekly planner. Once you’ve created your menu plan, you can also easily create your shopping list on Cookidoo® and even order ingredients. It's that easy!
Check out our sample weekly menu below using our key ingredients of the week: ground beef, chicken, vegetables and fish.
Lunches to take to work, snacks for the kids, and dinner for the whole family.