Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Persian Chicken and Rice
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 7 oz white basmati rice
- 3 oz walnuts, raw (halves or whole)
- 10 oz yellow onions, in pieces
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 28 oz chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 oz unsalted pistachios, shelled, chopped
oz dried barberries
or ½ oz dried sour cherries
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 2 ½ oz pomegranate molasses
- 1 oz dark brown sugar
- 32 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, halved
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pomegranate arils/seeds
- mixed fresh herbs (mint, cilantro, parsley)
- per 1 portion
- 2402 kJ / 574 kcal
- 20 g
- 81 g
- 20 g
- 5 g