Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Thai Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Soup
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 5 - 15 dried red chilies, e.g. chile de arbol, stems removed, to taste
- 30 oz coconut milk
- 14 oz chicken stock
- 4 oz shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 oz fish sauce
or 1 tsp palm sugar
- 2 oz ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 oz fresh galangal (Thai ginger), thinly sliced
- 2 oz fresh lemongrass, cut into thin rounds, white part only
- 1 - 2 oz tamarind paste, to taste
- 6 oz fresh oyster mushrooms, hand torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 16 oz chicken breast fillet, boneless skinless, cut into thin strips (approx. ¼ in.)
- 10 - 15 sprigs cilantro, leaves only
- per 1 portion
- 4004 kJ / 957 kcal
- 133 g
- 60 g
- 61 g
- 12 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Basic Soup Purée
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Tex-Mex Turkey Soup
Green Asparagus Soup with Spicy Pine Nuts
Buddha Jumps Over The Wall (Chinese Casserole)
Summer Squash Soup, Fish with Rice and Vegetables, Apple-Pear Crumble
Parmesan Stock Cubes
Kabocha Squash Dumplings in Dashi Broth (Matthew Kenney)
Golden Beet Gazpacho
Spicy Udon Noodles with Tempeh (Matthew Kenney)