Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chicken Cacciatore with Orzo
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 oz fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 oz garlic cloves
tsp dried oregano
or 2 tsp fresh oregano, leaves only
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 oz fresh basil
- 3 ½ oz red onion
- 1 oz celery, cut into 3 in. pieces
- 2 oz carrots, cut into 3 in. pieces
- 2 oz red bell pepper, cut into 3 in. pieces
- 14 oz canned chopped tomatoes (approx. 1 can)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 heaping tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried red chili flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 oz pitted olives, black or green
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 24 - 28 oz chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 2 heaping tbsp fresh parsley
- 35 oz water
- 5 oz orzo
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- per 1 portion
- 2523 kJ / 603 kcal
- 44 g
- 42 g
- 29 g
- 6 g