Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sous-Vide Beef Cheeks, Mashed Potatoes and Spinach
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Sous-Vide Beef Cheeks
- 25 oz beef cheeks, cut into 4 slices (approx. 1 in. thick)
- 14 oz beer, unfiltered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 oz celery, cut into pieces
- 1 ½ oz carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 oz yellow onions, halved
- water, to fully submerge bags (not higher than the max. fill level)
oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed (approx. ½ lemon) (see Tip)
or 1 tsp ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder)
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ½ oz fresh spinach leaves, squeezed to fit mixing bowl
- 35 oz russet potatoes, peeled, cut into pieces (½ in.)
- 10 oz water, plus 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp salt, plus extra to season, to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 oz unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 - 3 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra to season, to taste
- 1 - 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- per 1 portion
- 2867.1 kJ / 685.3 kcal
- 47.8 g
- 54 g
- 29.3 g
- Saturated fat
- 12 g
- 7.5 g
- 1332 mg