Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 oz Gruyère cheese, cut into pieces
- 18 oz yellow onions, halved
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt, plus extra to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 32 oz water
stock cube, chicken or beef
or 1 heaping tsp homemade stock paste, chicken or beef
- 12 slices baguette, slightly stale, or other crusty bread
- per 1 portion
- 1255 kJ / 300 kcal
- 10 g
- 29 g
- 13 g
- 2.7 g