Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 eggplants (approx. 24.5 - 25 oz) cubed (approx. ¾ in.)
- 2 ½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to sauté
- 2 garlic cloves
- 28 oz plum tomatoes ripe, peeled, quartered, deseeded
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only, dried and hand torn, divided
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 53 oz water
- 10 ½ oz pasta, dry, e.g. farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 3 ½ oz ricotta salata, drained
- per 1 portion
- 1264 kJ / 302 kcal
- 10 g
- 50 g
- 9 g
- 8 g